Sunday 3 January 2010

Happy 2010

It's a new year, and I'm looking forward to all the things that are lined up for 2010.

So far, I have four shorts and a new collection in the pipeline so, for the purposes of order, I shall list them here.

1. Coming out this month (next week, I think): Sex, Love and Valentines from Xcite - featuring my story 'The Heart Shaped Box'.

2. In April: Sex in the City: London from Xcite - featuring my story 'Thames Link'.

3. In May: Please, Sir from Cleis - featuring my story 'Sunday in the Study'.

4. In July: Fairy Tale Lust from Cleis - featuring my story 'Three Times'.

5. Then in September my new book 'The Business of Pleasure' is published by Xcite. No pretty visuals for that yet, but I'll have them up here as soon as I get them.


So that's what is coming up for me. I've also made a few resolutions.

Firstly, to read a few more books by new-to-me authors, so on my Amazon list I have not only this:


by Jeremy Edwards, whom I already know to be a fine craftsman with the erotic pen, but also this:

by a writer who is new to me, but of whom I have heard some great reports.

Second resolution: to get some money so I can afford them in the first place.

Third resolution: to become a Time Lord so I can kidnap the Master and keep him as my pleasure slave.

Kinking up Christmas! I like this!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't even know where to begin! Okay ... at the (tippy) top. Big congrats on all your forthcoming excitingness (and Xcitingness)! And--woohoo!--counting London and New York as sister "sex in the" cities, we'll be cheek by jowl (I'll bring the jowl) in three of those four short-story situations.

    And--September! It will be here before you know it, so I suggest we begin jumping up and down ASAP. (Meanwhile, I have a copy of On Demand swimming across the ocean for me, thanks to a geographically broadminded transatlantic bookseller. Hurry up, OD!)

    I don't know if I can help you find the guy in the special phone box ... but I *can* offer heartfelt thanks for my socks appearing on your wish list! And thanks for tipping us off to Sabrina Darby--I just sneaked a peek (snuck a puck?) at the enlargeable image of the OTSS cover at Amazon, and I love the tag line. ("Four stories. Four secrets. One naughty club.")

    See you later at the naughty club, JE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, hon (especially on the Sex in the City one- that's fantastic!), and here's to a brilliant year (again), with lots of us cheek by jowling it with both each other and with Jeremy. I'm double toasting it, to make sure it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahey, thanks, guys! Jeremy, I'm so pleased you found a bookseller who didn't let a silly thing like the Atlantic Ocean stand between you and your reading! I'm just waiting to hear if the naughty club has blackballed me - see you in there (if they haven't).

    And Charlotte, yes, we need 2010 to be a biggie! I know it will for you and Jezza there - hope I can cling on in there as well. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh another collection of yours?? great news..:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you think so, Danielle! It was great news for me ;).

    ReplyDelete